I don’t often cook cauliflower but this is one of the dishes I do like. The longest cooking time is the cauliflower – very dependent on how large you cut the florets. I prefer the cauliflower to be on the firmer side with a slight crunch to it still. Vary the cooking time dependent on how you like your vegetables cooked.
Cauliflower and Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup water
- 1/2 onion, cut pole to pole
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp chopped chives/green onions
- cilantro for garnish
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in garlic. Be sure you have a lid for the skillet.
2. Add peeled shrimp, salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until shrimp is half –way cooked. Set shrimp aside in a bowl.
3. Add 3 tsp of oil to skillet then the cauliflower florets and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add water to pan and cover with lid, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add onion to the stir-fry and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the stir-fried shrimp, fish sauce and green onions. Stir-fry until shrimp is fully cooked.
7. Garnish with cilantro.