Here, instead of the chicken breast in my other cabbage soup recipe, substituted this with two salmon fillets.
Napa Cabbage Soup with Salmon
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 8 cups of water
- 1 whole napa cabbage sliced into 1 inch rings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprig of dill, roughly chopped
- To a hot 6 quart stock pot, add the fillets of salmon. Gently brown on both sides. Once golden brown on both sides, remove and set aside.
- To the pot, add the chopped onion and give it a quick stir to soften the onion. Then add to the onion, water and salt.
- Once the stock mixture comes to a gentle boil, reduce to medium heat. Add the sliced napa cabbage, fish sauce, and black pepper to the stock.
- Cover and simmer, about 10-15 minutes or more until the napa cabbage has softened a bit. Break the salmon fillets into bite size pieces and return it to the soup.
- Few minutes before serving, add to the soup the roughly chopped dill to the broth.