This is a very quick Vietnamese fish stew or ‘cá kho nuoc’. Done in 10-15 minutes!
Fish options to consider are catfish, halibut, or salmon.
As with most dishes, ‘cá kho’ is best served with a piping hot bowl of rice.
Mahi Pineapple Fish Stew/ Cá Kho Nuoc
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs of chopped green onion, separate white and green parts
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 cup of roughly chopped pineapple
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 4 mahi fillets
- crushed black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet pan on medium high heat. Sautée the white part of the green onions until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and pineapple and sauté until soft. Add to the sauté mixture, sugar fish sauce, and water. Bring to a simmering boil and reduce heat to medium.
2. Place the fish fillets into the sauté mixture and cover. Simmer on medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
3. Garnish with remaining chopped green onions and serve.