This is a simple Chinese-Vietnamese fusion egg noodles or mì dish. If you can’t get to the Asian market for fresh egg noodles, you can substitute cooked angel hair pasta.
Egg Noodle and Tofu Stir Fry (Mì Xaò)
- 4-5 quarts of water
- 1 package (14 oz) of fresh egg noodles (mì)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 bundle of baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 package of soft tofu, drained
1. In a large pot, bring water to boil. Follow the cooking directions for the egg noodles. If you are using the Vietnamese version of egg noodles (mì), only cook the noodles for TWO minutes. Pour noodles into a strainer, gently toss with chopsticks to loosen the noodles and set aside.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the chopped garlic. Add to the garlic, the chopped bok choy and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Next, incorporate the drained tofu into the stir-fried bok choy and bring to a gentle simmer. Lastly, gently toss the drained noodles in with the tofu bok choy mixture.