This is a great salad any time of the year – light and refreshing. I’ve made this with salt and pepper shrimp (see link below for recipe) or you can use left over meat or shrimp.
Cilantro Shrimp Salad
- 1 bunch of cilantro roughly chopped (about 1 to 1 ¼ cup)
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of low-calorie/non-fat mayonnaise
- 1 chopped jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 1 yellow peppers, chopped
- Salt and pepper shrimp (see link above for recipe)
1. Place into a blender or food processer the first 7 ingredients and blend until smooth. On low speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil until the dressing is well blended. (Can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator.)
2. In a large bowl, toss mixed green and yellow peppers with ½ cup of dressing or more depending on desired taste.
3. Top with salt and pepper shrimp (hot or cold) and serve.