Posted by: SV | October 23, 2010
Sweet Baby Back Ribs
I wanted the ribs to have some color so opted to grill it first and then braise it in the sauce. If you decide to skip the grilling step, just increase the amount of water to about a cup and another 20 minutes to the braising time.
Sweet Baby Back Pork Ribs
- One rack of baby back pork ribs (~3lbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- ½ – ¾ cup water
1. Grill rack of rib until golden brown on both sides, about 15 minutes total.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan (~6 quart) on medium high heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until soft. Next, add chopped garlic and give it a quick stir.
3. Reduce heat to medium low and incorporate in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a slow simmer.
4. Cut the grilled rack of ribs into individual ribs. Place the ribs into sauce and braise over low heat for about 20-30 minutes, until ribs are tender, occasionally flipping the ribs.
All recipes, photographs and postings on simplyvietnamese.wordpress.com are the original creations and property of the author, simpleviet.
You can link to the postings but please DO NOT post or publish recipes or photographs found on this site without:
1. Obtaining permission (by sending a comment)
2. Providing an attribute to appropriately credit the source (simplyvietnamese.wordpress.com).
Please don’t plagiarize.