I’ve been on a kick with greens as you may have guessed…
No doubt you have heard about how good kale is for you, full of nutrients. Here is my Asian concoction with kale. I’ve used lacinato kale but you can substitute with whatever kind is available at your local grocer. Although kale does some cooking to become tender, this dish still comes together in 20 minutes or less. Remember that kale will cook down quite a bit so don’t be put off by the mound of chopped kale!
Stir Fried Kale
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 bunch of lacinato kale, roughly chopped
- 2/3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup water
- cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and slightly sauté the chopped garlic.
2. Add chopped kale to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until the kale is cooked down to half the amount and is bright green.
3. Lower the heat to medium low. Drizzle in the sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, optional oyster sauce and the water. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 8-10 minutes, occasionally stirring the kale.
4. Top with black pepper and serve.