I’m back! It’s been a hectic summer. I’m hoping the Fall will actually open up more time for blogging. Major house renovation completed, and now there is an absolutely phenomenal kitchen to turn out all sorts of good stuff…
Rau Xào is Vietnamese for stir-fried vegetables. Here’s a modern contribution to every day rau xào with broccolini. I’ve made this particular dish with beef but you can substitute with any meat or make it without any meat at all. If you decide to skip the meat, I would dial down the fish and soy sauces.
Great as a side dish or a main dish – as always, with plenty of rice!
Beef Broccolini Stir Fry/Rau Xào
- 2 bunches of broccolini, roughly chopped (~1lb)
- 1 lb of sliced beef (Angus Beef Eye of Round Steak)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 small chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
2. Add sliced beef to hot skillet, lightly season with salt and pepper, stir-fry until lightly pink
3. To the beef, stir in the chopped garlic, chopped chili pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce
4. Add to the stir-fry, the chopped broccolini
5. Stirring occasionally over medium-high heat until the broccolini is bright green and still has a nice crunch to it (3-5 minutes).