Frittatas can be cooked entirely on the stove top or finished off in the oven. I like the combination stove top and oven because it eliminates the need to flip the frittata. If you prefer to use the stove top for the entire process, just make sure have it on very low heat for about the same amount of time that you would have it in the oven.
This ground beef frittata is great with rice and/or a green salad.
Tip: Left-over frittata makes a great addition to fried rice!
Vietnamese Ground Beef Frittata
- 5 eggs
- ½ pound of lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- Crushed black pepper
- 2-3 tsp of fish sauce, depending on taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oven at 400° F.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk to break eggs
3. Add to eggs – chopped onions, garlic, crushed black pepper, and fish sauce.
4. Heat 10 inch oven-proof skillet with oil put over medium-high heat.
5. Whisk egg mixture until it is combined – not frothy, just before pouring into skillet.
6. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet, adjust heat to medium to low heat. Cook for about 5 minutes
7. When the edges start to curl up and is lightly brown, transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 10-15minutes, until the top is lightly brown and no longer wet.